Outline of the case
The client, a wholesale food company, was originally a small family-run business, but as the business expanded, it gradually hired part-time and full-time employees. However, the company was constantly having problems with its employees, and many of them were resigning, so the business was not expected to grow anytime soon. The representative of the company thought that it was essential for the expansion of the business to create an environment in which workers could work comfortably and to have proper labor management in place. According to the Labor Standards Law, employers who regularly employ 10 or more workers are required to prepare employment regulations regarding the following matters and submit them to the relevant government agency (the Labor Standards Inspection Office). However, in order to retain employees and expand business, it is always necessary to create a labor environment in which employees can work with peace of mind and to clarify the rights and obligations of employees. In today’s era of rapid worker mobility, it can be said that companies are being chosen by their employees.
Preparation of Employment Regulations
Kuribayashi Sogo Law Office drafted rules of employment that were considered most appropriate for the client’s company, based on interviews with the company’s business, the company representative’s views on the business, and the work conditions of employees, as well as repeated discussions with the labor relations staff. In drafting the work rules, we used our experience in various disputes, such as claims for unpaid overtime, invalidation of resignation, and leakage of confidential information at the time of resignation. In addition, Kuribayashi Sogo Law Office is considering what kind of provisions should be established to prevent such disputes from arising and to reduce the risk of losing a lawsuit as much as possible. Kuribayashi also advises on the drafting of various provisions related to employment regulations, such as salary regulations, power harassment regulations, sexual harassment regulations, personal information protection regulations, childcare leave regulations, and nursing care leave regulations.
Services offered by Kuribayashi Sogo Law Office
Kuribayashi Sogo Law Office has drafted employment and salary regulations at the request of our clients. Kuribayashi Sogo Law Office’s specialties in drafting employment regulations include the following points.
(1) We clarify internal rules based on company policies, prevent labor-management disputes, and contribute to business development.
(2) We prepare employment regulations with up-to-date content in accordance with revisions to laws and regulations, including provisions on power harassment, sexual harassment, and the Law Concerning Stabilization of Employment of Elderly Persons.
(3) We will establish an information management system and create a system to properly manage personal and confidential information, including the return of confidential information upon retirement.
(4) We will manage working hours properly in accordance with the law and eliminate unpaid overtime as much as possible.
(5) Provide advice on the design of wage and retirement benefit systems, including employee evaluation pay.
(6) Clarify the grounds for disciplinary actions, including disciplinary dismissals, and prevent disputes due to invalid dismissals.
(7) At the request of foreign companies and embassies, we also translate employment regulations, employment contracts, and wage regulations into English.
Preparation of employment regulations: from 400,000 yen (440,000 yen including tax)
Preparation of various regulations: From 150,000 yen (165,000 yen including tax)
For clients with an advisory contract
20% reduction from the above amount